You may have already read this post…A few months ago I updated WordPress and did not have a back up of my blog; sadness. Through the magic of Google Reader, I was able to rescue this and other favorite posts! Yay!
No, nothing about pedagogy or the philosophical idealism found in the education halls on Twitter.
I am wondering what are the things that get you through your day at school? The important teacher things?
Here is my list:
1. Beano or Gas-X: chicken tikka masala left overs will not be kind twenty minutes after eating.
2. Caffeine: any form will do. Typically, I double fist coffee and Pepsi Max.
3. Breath-mints or gum: I want my students to ask me questions even after having the two previous items.
4. Silverware: have you tried eating left-over-microwaved-barbecued-steak with a spork and plastic knife?
5. Dental floss: good dental hygiene is important.
6. Chocolate: I dig Toblerone and can not get enough of the pretzel M&M’s (basically they are salt dipped in chocolate).
7. Tums: heartburn hurts and middle school students do not care because they have throats of steel.
8. Spray air freshener: Middle school students fart. I do not. I use Gas-X.
9. A mirror: You never know what might be on your face with all the ninjas and smurfs running around class.
10. Hiding place for all the above. Right now I have a huge cabinet; I used a file cabinet in the past.
What items would be on your list? What have I forgotten?